The complex is in Greenpoint, Brooklyn right on the East River. I really don’t know anything about it other than it seems to be used to store clothes at one point and is now very derelict. There are a couple businesses that still use the ground floors.
About a year after my explore I woke to find the complex engulfed in flames. They say that a bum started the fire looking for wire but we suspect that the owner burned it down to prevent it from being declared a landmark.
More images are on the Flickr page.
Now for sale at society6, these hauntingly beautiful prints from Urban Exploration New York: Greenpoint Terminal Market depict the now long gone warehouse complex that once dominated the waterfront of Greenpoint, Brooklyn. The abandoned section was destroyed by fire some years ago but two other buildings remain and house artists studios and lofts. These prints will look great hanging on your wall or going with you with your iPhone!
These prints are available as the following products:
- Fine art print on natural white, matte, ultra smooth, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using an advanced digital dry ink method to ensure vibrant image quality. Custom trimmed with 1″ border for framing.
- Framed fine art print on natural white, matte, ultra smooth, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using an advanced digital dry ink method to ensure vibrant image quality.
- Fine art print on bright white, fine poly-cotton blend, matte canvas using latest generation Epson archival inks. Individually trimmed and hand stretched museum wrap over 1-1/2″ deep wood stretcher bars. Includes wall hanging hardware.
- iPhone Case: Protect your iPhone (fits all iPhone 4 and 4S versions) with a one-piece, impact resistant, flexible plastic hard case featuring an extremely slim profile. Simply snap the case onto your iPhone for solid protection and direct access to all device features.
- iPhone, iPad Skins and Laptop: Skins are thin, easy-to-remove, vinyl decals for customizing your device. Skins are made from a patented material that eliminates air bubbles and wrinkles for easy application.
Prints are available at my Society6 page, http://society6.com/vanshnookenraggen/